Tuesday, April 11, 2006

So how's everyone been?


I've been extremely busy lately. But now I'm finally just really busy again, so I can post infrequently on my blog.

Not "often" or "occasionally", mind you, but "infrequently". Which is more than every two months or so. I'll try to get back onto a weekly schedule.

But in the meantime, please check out the many awesome (and much more frequently updated) blogs on my sidebar at the right. Michael Chang has a swell new post with storyboard images from "Things Change", which is an idea I'm absolutely stealing.

You know what, I almost forgot the copyright stuff. So Beast Boy, Cyborg, Robin, Slade and Starfire are ™ and © DC Comics. The gorilla might be Monsieur Mallah (I can't remember whether I meant it to be or not), and if he is, then he's ™ and © DC Comics. Otherwise, he's ™ and © me. Also, I guess the donuthead guy is ™ and © me, but I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person to draw a guy with a donut for a head.

11 comments:

PotatoFarmGirl said...

Ha ha! Yay!! I was sad, but then I saw a knitting gorilla! Hooray!!

Michael Chang said...

Steal away... great sketches Ben and congrats to you and Chu also. Some on requested boards for 'Titans Together' on my board. Was that your show or Matts? I barely remember the ones I worked on. The Doom Patrol intro would be cool, if ya still got it.

Michael Chang said...

That's "someone" not "some on"

Payge said...

The little slade picture was so funny!

Anonymous said...

All hail sensei!

Idiot style, immediate sketch technique!

Alicia "Kaden" Guy said...

loving the slade pic! so great to see you posting again!

Boogervampire said...

Awe, the top two drawings are too funny (and cute)!

Anonymous said...

You created teen titans?? I praise you its my favourite show on EARTH! But now i cant watch it anymore because its never on T.V now (cries) so unfair. If your not busy could you draw me a picture of starfire and raven as goths and say on it to naomi from you? please please please with sugar on top. Your aweosme.

Anonymous said...

You created teen titans... i praise you! Could you please draw me a picture of starfire and raven as goths please please please with sugar on top. Your awesome!

Ben Jones said...

Not enough time to respond to everything, but I can't just let this one slide - I didn't create the Titans (there are a whole host of comic creators whose work needs to be acknowledged here, including but not limited to Robert Bernstein, Bob Brown, Nick Cardy, Arnold Drake, Bill Finger, Gardner Fox, Ramona Fradon, Bob Haney, Carmine Infantino, Bob Kane, George PĂ©rez, Bruno Premiani and Marv Wolfman). I hope I've never said anything to give the impression that I created them. I just worked on the TV show that adapted their 70 or so years of hard work. I wasn't even in charge of that (that would be Glen Murakami - see link in sidebar). I was just a storyboard artist and eventually director (and even then, only one of three). And even then, there were so many other people involved in the show (many of them also listed in the sidebar) - but I'm glad you like the show (that I can only take minimal credit for). Look for the video, coming soon, which I also did not create but worked hard to do my part of (directing again).

Anonymous said...

very interesting, thanks